Thursday, December 19, 2013

Still Moving Forward

It doesn't matter where are are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.
-Bob Proctor






As the year winds down, I find that sometimes life gets away from me. I am going to focus on the fact we are still moving forward and getting things accomplished although at a slow pace. It was the tortoise that won the race right? 
As I write this blog, new lights are finally being installed in my sewing studio and the house is being settled more and more. Work continues on the crazy quilt. The rose is done and a few more borders have been added. One is done with Hedebo stick. There will be more embellishment to this border in the future. What fun it has been to unpack and discover all the tools that were packed away for almost two years. My tutorial on how to use the stick are found here.

Completed Rose

Hedebo stick circles and cast on flowers

View of the Dimensional embroidery

We have had a Mini Cooper Club Christmas Party and I made some favors for our members. I used a Silhouette Cameo to create them and will explain in another blog how easy it is. They are green and red for Christmas, but they also reflect the colors in my car with the red Mini peeking through and the black and white Checkered flag ribbon.



me and my Mini Cooper
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Debra!!
    You quilt is coming along in the most amazing and delightful way. It is truly a piece of ART!! I like those beaded flowers on the bottom right! WOW! Also, your mini C. favors are really cute! I heart mini's!!
    Lastly, about going at a slow pace……..I glad you said it, since that is the way I feel. My studio is coming along, but what a long and winding road it has been! It is finally getting there!!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours. We have so much to be thankful for this year!
    Love,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra,
    I love your crazy quilting. It was nice to see you visited my blog. I can't wait yo view past posts on ours. It looks like you have quite a project ahead of joy. What fun it is to make a house a home. It would be wonderful to meet you one day. I don't know where your son is located but I'm sure we could make arrangements at some point yo meet. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin