Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dreaming of a Sewing Studio

If there were dreams to sell , what would you buy?
-Thomas Lovell Beddoes



This week has been a productive one.  The studio space I have been dreaming of is becoming a reality. It would be a long time before we could create a dedicated space for my studio, so I have taken a small area of the Attic.  A bit like Cinderella among the eaves, but look how well her life turn out.  

The first item to be redone was an old filing cabinet. It was ugly-really ugly. Just like Cinderella's pumpkin and a little magic, it now has a little sparkle with silver spray paint. 


Before 


After


It looks beautiful in the new sewing studio.

 Inspirational decorations for the sewing room were next on the project list.

My Mom found numerous embroidery hoops for me one year at a clearance sale.
(See Mom I am finally using them!)
I used several to add fun fabrics in colors I love. 
Just add the fabric of your choice and trim around the back of the hoop.
 Make sure the clamp of the embroidery hoop is in front. The trimmed edge will then be in the back.
Hang by the clamp.





 The next was a small "button" made from a bronze plate for a pillar candle. 
I added a few holes with stick on vinyl. Use a hole punch on your roll of 
vinyl, peel the backing off, and then stick to the plate in a pattern of your choice.
This would make a fun polka dot button too with a larger punch and a different color vinyl.





Using the computer and different fonts, add quotes to card stock.
Frame them out and they are wonderful inspiration.








As the move in date approaches, I feel like Cinderella going to the ball. No more searching through bins to find just the right shade of thread or embroidery floss. 

Now if I only had a Fairy Godmother to finish the work…Until Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin