Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crazy quilting -a therapy for creative "withdrawal"

 We have had a wonderful flurry of guests visiting our new home since we moved in September. The holiday guests have been non stop since the 18th of December, with the last set leaving this morning. What a joy for us during our first Christmas in Savannah.
Our Grandson plays in the sand for the 1st time.
It was a joy to have my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson for the Christmas Holiday.
They thought it was great to go to the beach when it was 8 degrees at their home in the North.



The crazy quilt is finally sewn together. I set up a folding table and ironing board and got to work. I still do not have a permanent sewing room, but at least I had temporary one that did the trick. I have certainly missed having a needle in my hand creating embroidery on blocks. My sewing room had to be packed up and staged as the bedroom it was originally. Over six months of not being able to all the beads, threads, and fabric out has given me withdrawal. And so begins my therapy.

I loved incorporating the old lace I found at the local estate sale

I decided to add red flowers to kick off the block.



I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy and Healthy 2013!

4 comments:

  1. How lovely to *meet* your family! Your grandson is adorable and I am so pleased you spent time together. The crazy quilt looks good so far and it must be such a treat for you to spend time creating your beautiful embroidery. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debra and Happy 2013!! I dropped by briefly yesterday, but didn't have time to read all until now. It is a joy to see your grandson, daughter and son in law. Your grandson got SO big, SO fast! Happy to hear your first Christmas was fun and that now you are back in your studio with a needle in your hand. Those red flowers!! They absolutely make your quilt! It is always a pleasure to see what you are up to and creating. Wishing you everything you wish for yourself to you and your family.

    Love,
    Constance

    *How you likin' your Mini?
    Ps
    How's your mother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend,
    Is this your garden up there on your header?? I have a feeling it is!! YOU are such a brilliant gardener. Your thumb is just so darn green! Hope all is well. I have a little cold & am just takin' it easy.

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your blog, imagining you cutting and stitching and ironing and arranging pieces of fabric and lace, that's a bit of therapy for me. I enjoy seeing what you're working on. More please...

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin