Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bringing Back an Old Friend

The blog title was written before I had heard the following news. The meaning did not escape me.

I first want to apologize for the lack of posts the past two weeks. I lost an old friend to Cancer. He fought hard for 2 1/2 years moving through one clinical trial to another clinical trial. It was his goal to help others in the future have a chance to live without the horrible disease. He died at age 50, leaving his wife of 25 years.
I learned of his diagnosis from his mother 2 years ago. He visited me last Summer-it had been 30 years since we had last seen each other. It brought me such sorrow when he told me I was on his "bucket list". Who at age 50 should seriously have a bucket list they need to complete? I am truly honored that he chose to see me. We caught up on our lives. We talked of our life with a cancer diagnosis. He met my family. I am proud of all he accomplished and that he had a wonderful life with his wife. Bill I know as you walked into heaven there was applause... For the life you lived, the battle you fought for others, and the love you gave.
Peace to you and your family.


Here is the "old friend" the blog title referred too.

Stump work dragon- you will find him in past posts

Place organza in a hoop. Bend wires to create wings. I chose 3 wires, buy you could use 1.
Tack the wires first and begin adding buttonhole stitches over the wires to completely cover them.

When they are finished, the wings will be attached to create a dimensional accent.



We are off to our Savannah home this next week so I will be sending in pictures from there next blog. We are looking forward to the break and seeing our youngest daughter. Our son will join us for his first trip to Savannah.
Hello Sunshine we have been missing you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I'm sure a little getaway will be just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we shouldn't wait 30 years to catch up with those we care about. Enjoy your trip to Savannah. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin