Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blessings Board

After last year, I have a profound feeling of being blessed. I have seen blessing boards made in every shape and form on blogs. I can not claim to be the original creator of the idea. I decided to make one for my oldest daughter and her family. As our grandson gets older, I hope he starts his day with hope and the knowledge of his blessings. This is a simple project that has so much positive impact each day. We had a left over cabinet door. The cabinet had seen better days,but the door was great.

Remove the glass panel from the door.Clean the glass.
 Add the vinyl letters to front of the panel.
Place the glass panel with the lettering on the front face down.
Spray the back with a black satin paint or any dark color you choose. 
Finished Board
Purchase white dry erase Bistro markers at an Office Supply store.  Every morning or evening you can list your blessings for the day. Can't wait to make one for me!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Debra for this post. I've never heard of a blessing board before and adore the idea! This one you made as a gift is superb? Now, I've got my thinking cap on not too! This is G R E A T !!!
    I'm blessed to have to in my life. AND I'm blessed also to witness your effervescent spirit growing and thriving!
    You are a very special woman!

    Love,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise that's what a blessing board is - it's a super idea. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debra,

    Such a lovely idea, your blessing board is wonderful and such a neat thing to make and your daughter and family will love it. We do have so many blessings to be thankful for.
    I have a black board which I write a little quote on most days.

    Sending hugs and hope you are having a lovely weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin