Friday, June 24, 2011

By the Grace of God


-Pleasing words are like honey. They are sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24NLV
So many of people have asked when I was going to blog again. I truly did not know. I took a "time out" from being creative or I should say more accurately, it took a "time out" from me. The loss of a couple of friends with cancer on the same day in January (Jan 14th) took the wind from my sails. My positive attitude deserted me and creativity was non existent.
Through the kindness of those who keep vigil for others who stumble and fall, I am encouraged to move forward. You each know who you are -you have given me the words needed to heal my soul and the hand to lift me up. I was able to take time to grieve for those who lost this battle and for the year I lost. I am no longer the woman I was before cancer. No longer all "original parts"-mentally or physically, but stronger, wiser, kinder, and much more aware.
This last six months has brought monumental changes- all good. I turned 50, my husband sold his business with hopes of future retirement to Savannah, and I became a grandmother to a beautiful little boy -Elijah. The biggest blessing of all.
Life is returning to the new normal as other cancer survivors call it.
There are weddings in the family and I have been at work on creating items for their happy day. I hope to share a few in future blogs.
To everything there is a season....
Be blessed
Debra

7 comments:

  1. Open your mouth so I can give you some honey. Drip. Drip. Drip. So so happy to see you post something, and absolutely love the new banner on your blog! I wanna do that!! How you do that? but I digress...

    Debra, I am relieved that you are entering a new season in your life, that your Winter, your season of grieving, is giving way to Spring in your heart again. Seeds are sprouting, buds are on the bush, soon enough you will be blooming again, sweet and strong and fragrant. I'm gonna close my eyes and take a big whiff of you, like sticking my nose into a rose. Can't wait to see the things you are working on.

    Elijah. Elijah. What a name for such a beautiful boy. He is the blessed reminder that life goes on, hope is born, and despite everything, for all the losses we endure in this life, oh how we are blessed with miracles all around us. Congratulations on your little miracle, a grandson.

    Peace to you Debra as you find your way towards your new normal. I'll be watching as you blaze the trail, ahead of me.

    Much love Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Dear One, congratulations on being a new Grandmother. It is one of the most beautiful things in the world and I am thrilled that it has happened to you. Elijah looks like a cuddly angel! And you sound so strong and healthy and happy. I have missed “seeing” you and was wondering earlier this week how you were doing. So glad you are back. Love and hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debra,

    How lovely to see you back again and you have been much in my thoughts and have missed you.
    Congratulations on your sweet darling Grandson Elijah and how exciting for all the family.
    So very sorry to hear of the sad loss, of two of your friends, sending my sincere condolences.
    Enjoy the weddings and I look forward to seeing what wonderful creations you have been making.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra,

    I forgot to say I love your new header, with the beautiful photo of you and the lovely beach behind.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only those who walk that road can understand what twists and turns it takes. Your experience serves to remind us that this life is not a rehearsal. Live Now. Elijah brings new joy to you and your family. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to cherish every moment spent holding him, watching him grow. Nice to have you amongst us again. You have been missed. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely friend,
    What a joy it is to feel your presence here in Blogland. I'm sorry to learn of your losses, friend. It is heart breaking to hear.

    Now about Elijah! HE is so sweet and lovely! It makes me happy to see his photograph AND to see your new beautiful and banner filled with life and HOPE!

    Love,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancer seems to touch all of us in one way or another (my adopted Mum being one of them) and you're right, it can teach us so much.

    Big congratulations on becoming a Grandma! Such a dear wee man.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin