Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Precious Gifts




Please indulge me as I am about to be a Mom who gushes over her children with pride and awe.

I have been working on a memento shadow box to house spoons created by my children in their "technology" class. It was known as shop class in my day. Each spoon was given to me as a Mother's day gift the year they created it in school. I have cherished them for years and decided to display them. At least these three will not fall off the refrigerator!!!!
After this creation was finished, I started going through a box of precious handmade gifts I had packed up 5 years ago when we built our new home. I can't believe that time has passed so quickly. I still remember the day they brought each piece of artwork home to be cherished.
Tap on the pictures to enlarge them.

Just a few of the the cherished pieces-
Hand prints and crayon pictures:




Recipes for Love



And paper hearts with
pictures of nursery school pumpkin patches, mother's day hearts, and class projects.


Our youngest daughter and Our oldest daughter









Our son (red jacket)


Where did the time go? Our children are all grown up and wonderful adults.





And..... from our oldest daughter
we received news we will be Grandparents in March of 2011.
What a truly wonderful and precious gift.


...I guess I better get ready for Grandma's new crayon art gallery and go clean off the refrigerator door.

9 comments:

  1. I have the hands in frames. One set of hands, red, the other green. I love seeing them. It is good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories those things will conjure up! I have boxes of them too that I hope my sons and grandsons will enjoy digging through someday. I have a box under my bed that I'm still adding to. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your family. What wonderful news! I have kept all the Christmas tree decorations made by my son and hang them on the tree every year. They are more precious to me than any expensive trinket. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra,
    Hope you are doing well today. The spoons look terrific in the shadow box! What a nice looking family you have. You are surrounded in love, that makes me smile, ALSO you are going to be a Grandma!! Lucky baby to have you in it's life!
    Your blog looks festive and Autumny!
    Have a great weekend Debra!!

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very precious!! Big congratulations as well, you're going to be a wonderful Grandma! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful weekend Debra. I'm having a feeling you are feeling more energy. Am I right?

    Hugs and love,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debra,

    What exciting news, that you are going to be a Grandmother, congratulations to your family.
    I love the sweet spoons in the shadow box and isn't it lovely having the handmade gifts, made with love.
    Your family are beautiful and you must be so proud.

    Hope that you are feeling well and having a good weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Debra! Grandmotherhood is heaven on earth! I just got back from a week in Colorado, so I’m a bit late in reading this, but please know how delighted I am for you!! Let the fun begin!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Such a wonderful gift, to be a grandmother!

    I also display things that my children made growing up. They deserve a prominent place where we can enjoy them. I love what you did with the spoons!

    Take care, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin