Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Starting Again

We are back from a few days in Savannah. It really allowed us to slow down and catch our breath. It is always beautiful with the flowers in bloom. The Parks are  always stunning.


Mr. W, (the love of my life and better half ) and I rented bikes. We toured many neighborhoods and parks. We had never experienced Savannah like this and we loved it. We took in more area than when we walked and saw more because of the slower pace. Driving just did not give us the same feel of the hidden treasures along the vast area.



And of course the fountain at Forsyth Park is always stunning.
We did some shopping too. We stopped at Twiggs my favorite needlework shop. I purschased numerous new fibers and embroidery threads for my down time with the upcoming surgery, doctors appointments, radiation,  etc. Creativity took me through the rough times in the past and it will carry me through again.
 A few new projects are on the schedule this week as I get ready for the next surgery this Friday. I hope to start making flowers using velvet cording. A few simple couching techniques will hopefully  create the effect I am looking for. 
Thank you for all your kind words and support.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see you're getting some quality time before you go 'under the knife'.

    I hope and pray that all goes well. And you're right, sewing is one of the best therapies.

    Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly beautiful scenes to delight the senses. My prayers are for you and as I make my stitches I shall be thinking of you. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place. I've never been there. I really do love spring. Good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Connie204

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pictures of a beautiful place! Bikes --- what a great way to tour the city! Keep a positive attitude during these days and weeks! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin