Monday, April 19, 2010

Lilacs

Our garden lilacs


Friday's surgery is over and I am doing well. We just have to wait for the next pathology report later this week. In the mean time creating ribbon lilacs for my surgeon is my first project. I over heard her say how she had several new lilac bushes added to her yard and that she loves them. The couched cording flowers will have to wait until next blog.

Start with little pearls or beads sewn onto the background fabric.With straight stitches cover the bead with the ribbon.
Add a little stem at the bottom to create the lilac buds.







Create the shape of the lilac by adding little blossoms with Japanese ribbon stitches. Use 4 stitches in a plus configuration.
Add a few more buds and green stems - the first lilac is done.

Now to determine the next color for the other lilacs in the group.


Maybe white, maybe lavendar -or both? Hopefully the next blog will reveal the decision.
Take care,
Debra

8 comments:

  1. Dear Debra,
    Am and will be thinking of you.
    Sending a bouquet of healing lilac wishes and prayers.

    Love,
    Constance

    What a beautiful piece you have created for your doctor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful present for your surgeon. I will keep you in my thoughts. Connie204

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back doing what you love to do. Your ribbon lilacs are lovely, and will be loved by your doctor. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to do well and get the 'all clear' soon.

    The lilacs are beautiful! It's such a pretty tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitched lilacs are as beautiful as the real thing. It's a long wait for your results and I am hopeful that you will receive good results. *hugs* Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift for your surgeon, I am sure she will cherish it! Lilacs are a favorite, and I enjoyed seeing several bushes in bloom on our recent trip to Washington.

    I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I know the stitching will help with the 'healing'. Take care, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debra...I just wanted to take a moment to wish you well in your recovery, and let you know that prayers and good wishes are yours...Deb~overtheroadquilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you wonderful health~
    Thinking of you Debra.
    Hope you'll email.

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin