Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A surprise


Today brought a surprise to our door. The magazine article about our home is out today. The people we worked with were fantastic and it was a great experience. The pictures were taken last January and we had no idea exactly what they would use. The entire article is on how we created our home and decorations on a budget. When the reporter first entered our home to write the story about my crazy quilting, her first response was this home is beautiful and unusual for this area. The hammer beam ceilings and iron railed overlooks do not normally show up in homes in this area. When we began talking she asked about some of the ideas etc. and when I explained she could have them too , inexpensively, she was stunned. At that time she requested we consider having an article about our home. Now you know our answer.

















I hope the budget conscience ideas help others in this rough economy. Creativity always helps stretch a budget just a little farther.

I have been working with the little time I have to complete a few Christmas presents for family and friends. I have been working with Stained glass in a non traditional way. I am also working on jewelry glass pieces and alcohol inks. I promise to share the stages of this one soon. Then I will return to my journey with dragon, unicorns, and castles. I hope to create a piece for my best friend Susan, notice the "S". It is the beginning stages and will have to be soldered and beaded, but I am enjoying this technique.


My stained glass creations.










I have been a little slow with the blog lately. My husband is still recovering from surgery. It will be about 6 weeks for him to be back to full speed. So hopefully as the new year dawns, he will begin to move forward with no limitations. Certainly gives us a great deal to be grateful for this year.
I wish each of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear your husband is doing well! It gives you so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday.

    I love your stained glass you've been working on. I'm sure your friend Susan will love her gift!

    Take care, and God Bless! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I forget to say congratulations on the article! What a wonderful compliment to you and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetheart- this is such beautiful news. How can I purchase a copy~ signed? lol Really, did I miss the name of the magazine? You are a glorious inspiration to me.
    And tell hubby to get well soon- sending prayers of a speedy recovery for him.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not the least bit surprised your home has featured in a magazine. You really are an inspiration - from your crafts to your home decorating ideas. It's almost magic how you transform ordinary objects. Your stained glass projects are stunning! Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the article, what a lovely compliment to you and your creativity.

    Glad to hear your husband is doing well, I hope he is back to his old self in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin