Sunday, November 1, 2009

Savannah



Touring Savannah has been really fun for us. I hope it doesn't become one of those events like home movies for you. Speaking of movies -a few more fun pieces of the movie set. Setting up and filming. The horses were not brought in until night time when Lincoln would have been at the theatre. All the wagons had to be moved and set up by humans. I bet the horses loved that.
























The great thing about Savannah is the location. Just across the bridge is South Carolina. Hilton Head is only 40 minutes. Tybee Island is adjacent to the city. We were able to get there in about 15 minutes. While visiting the Island we found they had a Kayak Club and lessons. We Kayak here in the Adirondacks, but nothing compares with the wildness of the ocean.





















































The Sorrel-Weed house was on our tour. This basement is going to be used for shooting scenes from the "Blue Goose" in the film the Conspirator directed by Robert Redford. What was odd was I requested that my husband take pictures in the basement so we would have a memory when the film came out. We had been told people had taken pictures of the house and then found something in them when they looked later. This was the case for us. We had goose bumps when we were looking back through our house pictures and then these. He took two pictures one after the other. The first one with the camera one way and then the second with it turned on end caught more of the ceiling.


I have cropped the second photo because my husband does not want to release it the whole photo yet, but here is a preview. The photo on the right you see the green haze in the corner, we thought it was just the light. The next photo showed a green "dot" in the background and above the area were multiple white circles and a white women's silhouette in the middle of them. My husband would like to find out more about the history of the house and people before we release it in entirety. Regardless if you believe in this stuff-I didn't before we took the photos-it is really interesting.














Next blog- back to reality for me.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! How interesting! I sometimes wonder about those things myself!

    I find it so fascinating to be in places with such a history! Probably why I love antiques, or anything old, the history behind each item is so fascinating! Looks like you had a wonderful time, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very apt for the Halloween season!

    Sounds like you're going to have a ball once you move there full time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much beauty there!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore having the chance to see your photographs, Debra because I've not been to Savannah. There is enchantment in the air!!

    Hope you will have a nice day~
    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine I shall ever tire of your images of Savannah. What strange happenings in the house. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beach is looking very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to have a vacation right now! This place is perfect to spend vacation. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post and your pics, my husband and I love to kayak we had a ball when were in Alaska, I have never been to Georgia but I know I would love all the beauty and the History......thanks for taking us along!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin