Monday, October 19, 2009

I have a secret

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Jeremiah 29:11



I have a secret. We are beginning a new journey.

Our dream of one day having a permanent residence in Savannah is taking one step closer to reality for us. We will be closing on a 2nd home in Savannah GA this Friday.


We actually had actually flown down to Savannah to view another home- what we thought was a beautiful Queen Anne in the historic district. As my husband labeled the event- It was like the horror stories you hear about Internet dating. When we saw the home in person, it did not match the photo. He said it was like the pictures that are posted by the people of their college or high school graduation, then their date meets them in person and they are much older and out of shape. That was the case for us. It had been left to deteriorate. More of a project than we wanted long distance. We thought we would go home to start the search all over again. We did ask the realtor to show us a few others we had chosen off the Internet, so that our trip was not wasted. She insisted on showing us a home we thought was more space than we thought we wanted. She insisted it was a fantastic house at a fantastic price. (The price dropped the day we flew in-God was looking out for us) She was right. We are a little a head of schedule, but with interest rates so low and prices too, it is the perfect time to buy.





I apologize for the lack of posts. We have been working hard to get paperwork together, inspections, etc to finally close on the home.




With the paperwork all done and the closing behind us, I hope to be back on my blogging schedule when we return.
Thanks for your patience and for allowing me to share our blessings.
Take care,
Debra

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! Would love to see pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country Log Cabin Quilter took the words right out of my mouth! verbatim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I share in your joy! When one door closes an other one opens if we will only have the eyes to see. The ugly house got you there so you could meet the right dwelling. One day I hope to meet you in your new abode Debra. You and your husband have the magic touch, it's going to be FANTASTIC I know!!
    Congratulations!
    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all meant to be. What a wonderful opportunity and you do love Savannah so. I am so happy for you. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so exciting! I can't wait for you to share pictures, I know it's going to be wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great day Debra!
    Dreaming of your new dwelling~
    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Looks like your prayers have been answered nicely.

    Can't wait to see some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again, I am sooo happy for you! What a wonderful plan God has for you! Keep me posted about your journies there!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin