Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall gatherings and the magical dragon emerges

It has been a hectic week, but I found a little time to work on the dragon. The cast on stitches are complete. Chain stitches will finish the head, arm and legs to create a contrast. The beading is also being completed. Little by little the dragon's personality is emerging.





The sun broke yesterday creating a wonderful Indian Summer Day. Collecting bittersweet and abandoned bird's nests to use in wreaths.





















I found a third nest in the bittersweet vine later in the afternoon.














The branches of the vines are woven in an oval to create a new fall wreath.


Happy Fall!!!!

9 comments:

  1. The dragon certainly does have personality!

    Your autumn theme looks lovely, we're enjoying our spring bulbs at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a detailed and lovely dragon! I love him!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dragon looks lovely Debra!
    An your wreath too.
    What pretty little birds nests your found.
    Thinking of you and your family!
    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little dragon is beautiful!! I love the texture going down the spine. Your nests and bittersweet wreaths made me sigh.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dragon is exquisite! So much detail. He's going to have quite the personality. I really like your bittersweet wreath. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dragon is coming out so beautiful!

    I love the bittersweet wreath, such a wonderful reminder of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dragon! Our high school mascot in our little town is actualy "The Golden Dragons" and it is an old town way before dragons were cool as they are again! Fun to see them but yours is especially beautiful! I also love the fall gatherings! It might get below 80 here this weekend so we might feel like fall! I can only wish!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dragon is really something! Such lovely detail.

    And your wreath and gatherings are so pretty. I bet your yard and is gorgeous in the fall.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Debra,
    Have a great weekend!
    C R E A T I V E one too~
    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin