Monday, August 3, 2009

Quick Gift Tags-Christmas in August

-I wish I could save some of the Christmas Spirit in jars and open a jar of it each month. - Harlan Miller







I have been working on tags that will be attached to a gift bag to welcome guests for a wedding . It is one of our dear friend and neighbor's daughter's wedding and I was so honored to help. We live in upstate New York in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. As many of you know it has a style of its own.

Her wedding will take place at ( and guests will staying at) the Sagamore Resort on Lake George 30 minutes North of us. She wanted an Adirondack theme for the bags that will welcome her guests.



This is what I came up with: Cedar, grapevine bundles wrapped in raffia, shipping tags, and a rubber stamp of a bird. She has beautiful envelopes made with old maps of Lake George, Saratoga water, snacks, guides of area, etc. for inside the bags.They will be beautiful when assembled.

:





They would be wonderful they on packages or place marker for dinner at Christmas.
I have decorated these plain shipping labels before to tie on a bottle of wine for a hostess gift. They are great for all occasions and are inexpensive to keep on hand.

I only have 60 of them to make...I better get back to work.
Hope you enjoyed this quick project.
Have a great day.
Debra

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that. What a super idea. I'm going to use it for my Christmas pressies. And what a good idea to make envelopes out of maps.
    Cal x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like your quote and as it happens, I have a jar of Christmas. It's actually *Christmas* potpourri - a chunky style - scented in cinnamon and pine, etc. When I need a little Christmas, I open the jar and take a good whiff. Your tags are charming and it's such a marvellous idea for the contents. I would very much like to visit your part of the world one day. It sounds enchanting. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags are great, what a fun project! I like to keep those plain tags around as well.

    The envelopes are such a creative idea as well. sounds like a wonderful wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin