Monday, March 30, 2009

Vintage Linens and Crazy quilting.

I have been creating a great deal with fabric currently. I think the weather has been a major factor in keeping me indoors. We are finally seeing some warmer days and the snow is almost gone. Soon the garden projects will be more than I can handle, but until then I will play with the fabric at hand.


I love vintage fabrics, embroidery, tatting, and linens. I vintage needlework magazines are a source of hours of enjoyment.








I love the simpler time it evokes.

(Let's be serious I would not part with my dishwasher, washing machine, or dryer.)

But the fantasy of a simpler life gets me through when I am loading groceries in the car during a rain storm and receive a text from one or our children that they forgot something they need a for school project in the next hour.














Some of the advertisements make you smile. And you just love the hairstyles and clothes. Just the height of fashion. Yeah we can sympathize -we survived the 80's big hair and shoulder pads.












A few of you have seen the handbag I carry. It is made with vintage pillowcases, embroidered napkins, crocheted pieces, vintage buttons, and jewelry. I even added my own embroidery too.













































My new bag has less embroidery, but some fun features. Vintage hankies and modern fabric make it cheery. The white glove is a great cell phone pocket.


























For more fun with vintage linens. Check out the http://www.sewmamasew.com/ and look at their blog.
Also check out the links from there Apron Memories at http://www.apronmemories.com/ .


Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Love those linens and your bag is too cute!!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love the old world things so long as we can still have a few mod cons!

    The bags are gorgeous, and I love the glove/phone pouch - very ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those vintage patterns and the hairstyles are priceless. Your new bag is simply charming and the glove is suich a terrific idea.

    Another amazing project!

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bags:) Reminds me of crazy patchwork quilts:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bags are beautiful! Love the glove for the cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage too. I really like the vintage Easter cards.
    Your bag is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin