Friday, March 13, 2009

Sewing projects and Stained Glass



I have done a few sewing projects this week, but the focus has all been aimed at Stained Glass.


Hauling all our equipment to class and back can be difficult. I created a bag to carry my 2'x2' design board. The pattern and glass is attached to the board when creating the design. These boards are cumbersome due to their size and the weight of the glass that is attached by push pins. A few of my friends liked the bag, so I created a few more as gifts for them. They are made with ticking fabric and nylon web handles for durability. The handles were added before the side seams were sewn. A one inch placket at the bottom gives just enough room for the board and glass to rest comfortably in the bag.


At least we look stylish now while we haul all of our equipment like pack mules back and forth to class. I have found it eliminates the fumbling and breaking glass as I balanced the board on my hip along with carrying all the other tools.
Okay I know I still hold the title of "Princess Grace", but a girl can try. Am I right?
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Necessity if the Mother of Invention. A stylish solution to the problem. Looking forward to seeing your next completed project.

    Cheers...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bag- for so many things! Great job!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ticking stripes are timeless, and have made the perfect bag for you!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin