Sunday, March 1, 2009

Garden Embroidery Continues on the Crazy Quilt block

Working with one our garden photos, the work continues on the crazy quilt block's next section.






Creating the white cone flowers starts by creating raised centers. The petals are added using silk ribbon and Japanese ribbon stitches.
















Next beads are added to create the texture in the flower.




















The background leaves are added to finish the section.


With more snow due today, working with my"garden" is helping me through this last blast of Winter. I guess I will put away the garden rake and get the Arizona Ice Scraper out. I may need to find the mailbox again.


Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. For goodness sakes you musn't lose the Arizona Ice Scraper - whatever would you do without it! Mentioning it again made me chuckle.

    The beads on the cone flowers work beautifully. The last time I tried those I did french knots instead but the beads are much better.

    Thank you for sharing your *garden*

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love how something as simple as a cone flower can become so pretty. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra, the work you do is amazing. Just beautiful.
    We've gotten snow the last two mornings. I am going to Las Vegas tomorrow morning, so I hope the roads are clear. It will be so nice to warm up for a week.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is in our forecast too, although we haven't received anything to speak of. (We usually don't).

    Your cone flowers sure do spring indoors. The beading detail really makes the flowers come to life!

    Great job!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin