Monday, February 9, 2009

Stained Glass

My 4th project in Stained Glass is finally complete. The design is a simple piece of English Muffle Glass. "Muffle"??? - I don't know where the term came from, but I love the designs. This piece is 10 1/2 inches tall by 14 1/2 inches wide. It will be placed in my husband's office.

In the next few weeks, I hope to start a couple of Victorian pieces for our living room.
If you have never tried stained glass, I think you would find it is easier than you think.
Like any new craft it takes practice. I still have a very long way to go, but I am enjoying it very much.
Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful.

    Will you be posting a photo of it after it's been installed?

    I can just imagine the sun shining through it. Very pretty piece.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, beautiful work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Muffle glass is named for the type of kiln the glass was made in - called a muffle kiln. It was bottle shaped and produced the glass at low temperatures to maintain the colour. I will, however, happily stand corrected.

    It is a lovely object.

    Cheers...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin