Friday, February 27, 2009

A fat quarter fabric gift that touched my heart.


I have been participating in a couple of Fat Quarter fabric swaps. A piece of fabric came in the mail from a woman named Erin in California. It touched my heart more than she could ever have known. When I wrote to thank her I explained this piece would be used for something just for me. (I normally give everything away as gifts) The fabric has little Jack Russell Terriers or little dogs that look like them.

We lost our Jack Russell Terrier this past year at the age of 6 1/2 years old-they believe it was a brain tumor. He was so much a part of our lives that even now we miss him daily. I decided to use the fabric on something I could use often. I made a quick paperback book cover. I love to read and the books go where ever I go. I dressed it up with "jewelry"-not so much for me. Our little guy was regal or at least he thought so. I guess we spoiled him just a little, because we thought so too. I am so glad we did during the short time he shared our life. What a joy he was.
Thanks Erin for touching my life without even knowing it. The fabric was perfect!


Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet fat quarter. I hope it brings back the happier memories of your LIttle Jack. The paperback cover is very glamourous.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! great job--did you use a tutorial or just whip it up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous piece of fabric, no wonder you're so touched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh that is sweet. I bet you do miss him, Jack Russells are so full of personality. My niece had one too.
    Ginger
    PS I love the dragonfly you made

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my own design. I actually had it done before the tutorial came out. You can use a book as a pattern. I used a fairly thick paperback so that any size would fit. It is very easy.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin