Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy quilted pin cushion

I needed a quick gift and I saw an idea for a pin cushion. Here's the twist. I love to use objects in projects, but not for their original intended purpose. I had a small lamp base I thought I would use to create a stand for my pincushion. The top wobbled on the thin base. No amount of glue would have secured and stabilized the pincushion to the base.

Plan B: The dessert dish pincushion. I realized the wide mouth of the dish would give the stability needed to support the pincushion. Viola!










The decorative stitching.








It is for a fellow quilter. Hope she likes it.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. It's just incredible Debra and such a cleveer idea to use to use that dish. I'm sure you friend will be delighted to receive such a beautiful gift. It's much too nice to use.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,my! If this is an unexpected gift, I can't imagine an expected one! How fortunate to be on your gift list! What a pleasure to have this gorgeous piece out! I would choose very special pins to put in it! Maybe some antique hat pins?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's divine! What a great turn-about... if at first something doesn't work, find something else! Sometimes my brain works that way... others it just gets frustrated, and I have to give it a break, and go do something else for awhile.

    Your crazy quilting really makes the pin cushion shine! I am sure the intended recipient will adore it!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she'll love it!!

    Beautiful work as ever Debra. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin