Friday, January 9, 2009

Combining two passions



I have found a way to combine my love for crazy quilting and stained glass.
A pendant.

It is about 2 inches.

Trace the glass on the foundation piece. Make a small crazy quilt block using the marks as the boundry of your crazy quilt piece. Then embroider it using a very small scale. The piece is then sealed in between 2 thin sheets of clear glass. I used 1/2 in copper foil tape and then soldered it. Please use lead free solder and flux. String it on wire with beads or cord and you have a very unique piece of jewelry.
HINT: Try to make sure the beading and dimensional items are spaced evenly. It helps when applying the foil tape that the glass remain at the same level.

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! You are an incredibly talented lady. They would sell like hotcakes at the markets here. I can just imagine how well they would be received in the US.

    Cheers...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra,
    I saw somehting a lot like this at the Houston Quilt Show and that's what got me inspired to try my hand at it. Your pendant is very pretty. Great job!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pendant is beautiful, it makes me want to enroll in a class that is offered here in Edmonton. I will let you know how it goes, Lynne from Quilting Friends

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin