Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas is in the "air"

Christmas is always my favorite time of year to decorate. I spent years making boxwood and fruit trees with natural natural pine displays in a former home. We discovered one of our children had allergies to the pine etc., so we had to make some adjustments.

I still use a great deal of cedar and box wood, but have had to combine it with some artificial. I miss the real fruit, but the up side was I could create pieces ahead of time.







I always begin working high to low. I start with the chandeliers. The breakfast area already has the Santa collection and the" icy" chandelier done.









The family room has the stained glass pendants to complete the "Old World" theme.





These are the decorations close up. They really sparkle when the sun comes up. The height of this chandelier makes it tough to completely decorate. (21 ft high ceiling) The beautiful glass gives it the added pop to compensate.
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful!

    Yep, Christmas is the best!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific start! Your chandeliers look beautiful, dare I say dazzling! I hope we get to see the Santa collection.

    Cheers...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for your chandeliers!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!

    smiles, kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin