Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am so honored




I checked in briefly to the blog and found I had been recognized by one of my favorite blogs.
Ask Kari and Kijsa chose this humble blog for a Designing for Life award. There is a link on my side bar. If you have not checked out their blog, please do so. It is certainly a place to dream and be inspired. Now I will have to check out all the other winners. Congratulations to all the winners.
Thank you so much for the honor Kari and Kijsa. You are such talented ladies- I am inspired all the time by your creativity!!!!!!

I apologize for being a way so long. We had a computer malfunction and by the time it was repaired, I was on my way with my husband to Rockport,MA for a extended weekend. It was an amazing fall weekend. Beautiful sunshine and crisp fall air. The seaside harbor is just beautiful. Dating back to the early years of our country, the area is filled with wonderful architecture and history. We explored the whole area and just enjoyed there wonderful Fall Festival. This is just one of the coves we could view from our balcony at the Inn.



I hope to begin again this week work on projects with a holiday spirit. I have a secret too. I have been taking stained glass classes. (Yes- say that 3 times fast) I love it and have found another wonderful creative outlet. In my family I am known as "Princess Grace"-NOT-Lets just say we have the Emergency room on speed dial. Working with glass shards and a hot soldering iron is always a challenge, but I found it was much easier than I thought. I am hoping to create some beautiful pieces for Christmas. I will also be sewing and embroidering, I hope you will enjoy the added pieces.

I wish you all a wonderful few days... Until next time

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition, Deb.

    Your weekend away sounds delightful - you can never have too much history or architecture as far as I'm concerned.

    I'm not surprised you are exploring your creative outlet through stained glass. It seems right up your alley. I look forward to seeing your work.

    Cheers...:)Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congratulations Debra!!

    What a lovely place to escape to, sounds like a very well deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend sounds lovely!! Love that you are working in stained glass!!
    Have a blessed Sunday!
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Well deserved recognition.

    You inspire me, and it is nice to see someone honour your work.

    Can you take me with you on your holiday? Oh... no kids... drat, drat, drat. *grin*. Have a great weekend.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debra:
    I've been checking your blog off and on and hoping you would be blogging again soon. Neat picture of the seashore.
    Anxious to see your new glass projects.
    How are the newlyweds doing?
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin