Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last Weekend before the wedding.


We can not believe this is the last weekend before our daughter becomes a married woman. My husband and I both are just in awe that next week it will be the two us at one of our children's wedding. He will be dancing the Father/Daughter Dance and walking her down the isle. We have been to weddings of our friend's children, but the reality that it is now us is just unbelievable. Where did the time go? I know I will have my times to cry this week- let us hope it will keep me from embarrassing myself at the wedding.
(I can dream can't I?)


The last minute projects are being finished. We picked up our gowns and Danielle's wedding gown. I finished beading her veil and adding the rhinestones.
The chest for the cards at the reception is finally done. (It was a decorator trunk that I added appliques to and faux painted) The unity candles are have their rhinestone initials and they too are finished being decorated.
I even had time to create a necklace for me that matches the beading on my dress. I had a inverted pleat train removed from my dress and long ties. These are now a clutch purse.
I hope to show you pictures of the items being created in later blogs. I did not have time to show each one in a blog and complete them on time for the wedding.
I will not post a blog next Friday due to decorating the church and rehearsal. I hope to make up for it with pictures by Monday.
Thanks to all of you who have given your well wishes. They are truly appreciated.

Update: The Happy Couple

We wish you years of Love, Health, and Happiness. 


Until next time...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I know it will be a special day for all of you. You've sure put a lot of love and creativity into your projects for the wedding,and everything looks beautiful, makes me want to be there. lol.
    Congratulations to the bride and groom.
    Ginger
    PS Moms are supposed to cry at their daughters weddings..makes it all that much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. Life after being a busy business owner is better than I could have ever imagine. One of our daughters married 4 years ago, I remember the week before her wedding went by so fast. Enjoy this most special time with your girl, hug her and give her away with a big blessing. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound tired although very pleased with your accomplishments. I'm sure it will be a beautiful day, one to remember for a long long time!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin