Friday, August 8, 2008

One of my favorite things-vintage monograms

I look for inspiration for the wedding pieces for Danielle. My time frame is small so the labor intensive pieces will have to wait- maybe for Christmas.
One of my favorite treasures are linens from our families. My mother-in-law bestowed a wonderful treasure to me years ago of her families linens dating to the early 1800's. We were given pram pillows to tablecloths. One of my favorites are the bridal set of my husband's great grandparents. There initials are H and W, last name of L. See if you can find them in the photos.
The workmanship in all the pieces is just outstanding. These few pieces were created for their wedding. The love is evident in every picture of them of them. When pictures were generally a very formal affair, they were always smiling in their photos.
The pillows are all European size and I have several different styles. The duvet being antique is too small to fit any modern bed, but I love it.

The pillow monograms.





























If you click on the pictures you can view the details of the monogram and the edge treatments.










The matching Duvet:


These are just a few, but my favorites. I hope to start Danielle's bridal bag with a small monogram soon. The fabric should be in any day. I guess the heirloom garter will be next until then.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Those linens are BREATHTAKING!!! A blessing is the right way to describe that gift!

    I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I raise Corgis and one of my frinds has Jacks. They are both breed favorites of horse people ...because we love intellegent dogs in a small package!

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Sometimes I travel so much - I feel like my head is spinning. Hopefully soon I will start showing my horses again and will post on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra,

    What beautiful pieces. I am finding a bigger and bigger appreciation for the hand work done.

    Hope you are doing well. I am finding it to be a slow summer, although it seems to be moving along quickly enough. Does that make sense?

    Take care of you!
    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Those are stunning!
    I love vintage monogrammed linens. The quality is quite evident in all the intricate details.
    Lovely, just lovely.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful - workmanship, design all coming together to become something treasured in the past, now and in the future.

    Such a previledge to have these pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin