Monday, June 23, 2008

Shower Decorations


Shower decorations are finally on the "table".




I have been going through the house finding all our bird themed decorations for the buffet. I found some of the antique iron birds and some garden birds. These are just a few.




The bird's nest candle holders needed a little refinement. These candle holders were created to be used to outdoors. They have short chains to hang from trees or porches.
I first removed the chains so they look more realistic. I added small glass leaves I found in the jewelry section of the local craft store.

Using a small jewelry tool or needle nose pliers, open the small wire hoop at the top of the leaf.

Feed the end of the wire from the leaf through the wire of your "birds nest" in several places. Pinch the loop closed to keep them in place.
Grouping a few leaves together makes the nest look like little tree branches were stuck through out the nest during the creation.













Before and After










With the candle glowing the leaves come alive. The nest will look beautiful on the buffet nestled within the lifts and levels.



Next time I will be working on the decorating sugar cubes for tea.
Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Those little nests turned out so sweet! I love the bird themed table that you're planning. I hope we get to see pictures of the final layout the day of the shower.

    I hope all the wedding preparations are going smoothly and on schedule. Such a labor of love. All that you're doing will make your daughter's wedding sooo much more special and memorable.

    Oh, and I have to say that your garden is AMAZING! You should give guided tours.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful...

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!

    smiles, kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra,

    You never cease to amaze me. I love the bird's nest candle holders.

    You know... you could open your own little boutique with all your lovely creations.

    I look forward to your next treasure here on your blog!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin