Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Garden Tour


Welcome to our Garden Tour





Here is my Garden. It is our 3rd Summer with the Garden. We planted it all ourselves. It was created from a bleak empty landscape.





The fountain was shipped to New York from Alabama. It is the center piece of our tiny Renaissance style garden.






The large statue was my birthday gift this year. She is the Statue that represents Summer. My Favorite time of year.







The small statue was a gift from my Mother-in-law. It is nestled in the Rugosa Roses. It is viewed through the espaliered
fruit arbor. She is reading sonnets to two love birds at her feet. She felt it represented my husband and me.











There is a garden path that winds around and through our little garden. The back path has a saying that my son and I carved in the stone with a "Rotozip" tool. As you walk stones reveal a saying one word at a time along the way. The saying is "The secret to Life is to be Grateful". It is a daily reminder for us.




The back garden and lawn. The walkway is hidden behind the flowers.
















Throughout the garden the little vignettes are placed to be viewed in the distance.You will find them at the end of a walkway, arbor, or as a surprise around a corner in the path.














I hope you have enjoyed your time here. It is my sanctuary at the end of the day and a place of peace first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee.
Thanks for stopping by. Debra

12 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your garden! It is stunning. I REALLY enjoyed the visit. I also really enjoyed reading about you and the path you have taken staying at home. It is amazing how we feel like doors sometimes close instead of looking at them as other doors opening. I appreciated the reminder and I love your message along your garden path!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tour Debra, you have a very beautiful garden!

    I love rugosa's, they're one of my favourite roses.

    Jen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is stunning...thank you for taking the time to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Debra,

    I just love your new blogging site. You are just the most talented person. I enjoyed reading and seeing all of your pictures. I love your bridal shower ideas. I am meeting with Melissa today for her fitting. I just can't believe it is getting so close. I am feeling better about the quilt. I have made some progress and boy did that help out with the stress. Take care.

    Blessings to you and your family,
    Leisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so very beautiful. Love the fountain? filled with impatiens...so pretty. And your big fountain...that must be a heavenly sound on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra, what a sactuary! Your garden is really amazing. I love, love your fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely garden! Stop by my sunflower garden if you'd like.

    http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/search/label/gardening

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! Stunning!
    What a beautiful place to spend an afternoon.
    I'm envious. It reminds me of some of the gardens in Europe.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay... now that I've had the tour, how do we proceed with the adoption process. *grin*

    I would be very very very happy being able to quilt, and enjoy the garden.

    Debra, you are truly inspiring!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debra,

    You are most welcome. Congrats to you and your family on all the events that are happening.

    A busy lady you are!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, that is just so beautiful! I'm adding you to my favorites on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is breathtaking. I love the winding path with the saying inscribed. I'd like to do that some day. Thank you for sharing your inspiring gardens with us. Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin